Sunday, January 6, 2013

Never go on holidays



The idea of holidays sustains you through winter, gets you over hump day and ensures many fun hours while you plan your escape…..unless…….
In a wicked twist of fate I found myself being both my usual job and acting CEO for the two weeks leading up to my break.
This is unfair and probably un Australian. Working 12 hour days instead of gently coasting off to holidays and Christmas.
Struggling out the door with last minute briefings, deliberations and instructions….and still having work to do whilst on holidays. I think I’ll complain..if only I can get someone to listen. Strangely when people hear that I’m away for 5 weeks any sympathy instantly evaporates and is replaced by anything from mild resentment to outright hostility. Why are people so cruel?

1 comment:

  1. You poor old thing. I'll listen while you tell me how tough it is at the top, just pour your heart out. I also need a picture of the goat on top of the van to convince me you're not making things up.

    ReplyDelete