Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Buff Chilli


OK kids here’s an invaluable travel tip. If you see “Buff Chilli”on the menu DO NOT (as did I) assume that you’re just going to get a relatively spicy beef curry thingy. Tip to remember..you don’t eat beef in Nepal..but you do eat buffalo…another tip to remember (I hope you are keeping notes of these tips) the Buff is referring to both the meat and the chillies. Not only are you eating buffalo but the chillies have been working out and are even more buff. Was just a little worried when the dish arrived with a side serving of fire extinguisher. A sizzling concoction of fiery chillies and buff strips which tasted as if they had been marinated in yet more chillies for around a decade or two. Gasping for air, clutching my throat and crying for mercy I was forced to drink beer (medicinal only) just to survive the onslaught..and I like spicy food. Scariest thing I have ever done! I may not eat spicy food again for at least ……12 hours?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment